Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Black Below The Knee Dresses

Torre Pellice

My suitcase is ready (albeit momentarily cluttered). And when leaving Rome and the apartment of my friends Ilaria and Sergio, the brave editors Derive Approdi, I see some of the steps of my tour to promote The Rivoluzione delle Api . Shall I tell you Rome and the wonderful conference drafted as a genuine article of literary criticism by Maestro Camilleri in person; Milan, the recorded program with Luca Crovi for "Tutti i colori del giallo" and the banquet at the Calabrian Milan under the supervision of my friend Gioacchino Criaco? Or Bologna, presentation framed by Valerio Evangelisti and Carlo Lucarelli in the room with Roberto Wu-Ming1, Grazia and Verasani Loriano Macchiavelli Patriarch Sparkling thriller bolognese? Or meeting compagni Militant ? Difficult to communicate behind the name-dropping fun to find these people who are more to me than colleagues, the con is really too much.
So special dedication to meet Torre Pellice, capital of the Waldensian Church , (an old Christian dissent older than that of cold piss-Luther), the region where my novel takes place, where meetings in the library Gnon brothers meet a hundred people there, where they speak Italian, French, Occitan, Piedmontese and where we know so beautifully drawn a universal catastrophe practical instruction: this passage (see below) of the tragedy of the deportation to the condemnation of barbed wire in general seems to me a stroke of genius that could only come in heads and mountain heretics.


The view from the mountains is beautiful, but there was mist ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment